Scientist I, Medicinal Chemistry
Vividion is a next generation biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging its proprietary chemical proteomics platform to conduct proteome-wide footprinting of drug-protein interactions with unprecedented breadth and precision. Our technology allows us to screen, identify and optimize novel drugs that selectively bind virtually any protein, including proteins previously considered “undruggable”. Our pipeline and emerging programs reflect a matured and productive platform capable of delivering first in class drugs utilizing novel mechanisms of action (allosteric inhibitors, protein-protein interaction inhibitors, functional activators, degraders etc.) against undruggable targets in the oncology and immunology space.
As a scientist in the chemistry department, the successful candidate will contribute to the growth of Vividion’s proprietary drug discovery platform through the practice of standard and cutting edge synthetic organic chemistry in the context of drug discovery. The preferred candidate will be comfortable balancing the use of traditional approaches and exploring novelty on the cutting edge of modern small-molecule drug discovery.
Experience and education requirements:
• PhD +/- post doctoral experience in synthetic organic chemistry
• 0-4 years of relevant pharmaceutical chemistry experience
• Clear understanding of all relevant reaction mechanisms
• A clear command of classical and state of the art synthetic methodology coupled with proven hands-on experience
• Highly productive in the lab along with comfort using modern laboratory technologies
Required Key Attributes:
• Curiosity and a strong commitment to continuous learning
• Effective team Player
• Solid problem-solving and communication skills
• Focus, attention to details, and a willingness to challenge dogma
In addition to a competitive compensation package with long-term incentives and 401k match, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.